When the press badge doesn’t protect you
If you missed our panel discussion on July 25, or you saw it and want to catch it again, you can watch it here.
During the protests that followed the death of George Floyd, there were widespread incidents of journalists being attacked even when they identified themselves as press. The U.S. Press Freedom Tracker reports more than 430 aggressions against reporters during these protests.
This online program will offer firsthand accounts of such attacks as well as commentary on the incidents. Confirmed speakers to date:
* Avi Adelman, Photojournalist
* Emilie Eaton, San Antonio Express-News
* Katherine Jacobsen, Committee to Protect Journalists
* Marina Trahan Martinez, Independent Journalist
* Kirstin McCudden, Freedom of the Press Foundation
Please join us for this timely program. Registration is required.
(Featured photo credit: Screen grab of CNN video.)
Categories: Violence against journalists